F.A.Q.’s – Frequently asked questions.
Naturally you may have questions about your pets well being while travelling. So the experienced staff at AIRSEA have compiled a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions for your peace of mind.
Q: Is it safe for my pet to fly?
Travelling by air is safe for your pets. As it is safe for people. Though your pet will not travel in the cabin, they will travel in a specialised cargo compartments, that are climate controlled and pressurised to ensure maximum safety and comfort for your pets.
Q: Can my pet travel with adaptil collars or flat collars?
Airlines advise that pets do not travel wearing a collar of any kind, as it is deemed a choking hazard. They can, however, be attached to their airline approved crate, so that they can be refitted when they reach their destination.
- Specifically Adaptil/Feliway products, it is advised that the spray foam is used instead.
Q: Is it possible to send personal items with my pet?
Yes – Small items such as collars and leashes can be sent with your pet.
- However, it is not advised to send valuable items as they can become detached during travel and can be confiscated by the airline or customs.
- Comfort items such as a thin blanket or personal t-shirt, can go into the crate (at the airlines discretion).
Q: Will my pet have food and water during the flight?
We will supply your pet with a drink of water at the airport before departure.
- Food is not provided during the flight as it is deemed a choking hazard.
- It is requested that you provide a small bag of dry food for your pet in the case that your pets flight is delayed or has a long period of stop over.
Q: Where can I buy an airline approved crate?
AIRSEA can supply you with an airline approved crate at an additional cost to your initial estimate, if not originally included.
- When you provide AIRSEA with your pet’s measurements, we can then match the best sized crate for your pet.
Q: I’m unsure of how to measure my pet, what do I do?
AIRSEA can help you! – Please feel free to call into our office with your pet and we can help with the measurements and what crate selection.
- Not able to call into our office? Then contact AIRSEA on + 353 1 8446044 where we can assist you over the phone.
Q: I’m finding it difficult to get my pet to/from Dublin Airport, what can I do?
AIRSEA can provide a direct door to door transport service for you pet to reduce your travel less stressful. We can provide you with an estimate for this door to door service and can arrange it for you accordingly.
Q: Can I give my pet a sedative before travel?
Airlines have the right to refuse your pet if there is evidence of your pet being under sedation – therefor the answer here is no. What you can do:
- Prepare your pet for its journey by getting it accustomed to its travel crate.
- It is also very important that you remain relatively calm around your pet.
Q: My pet might need to urinate during travel, what happens then?
AIRSEA lines crates with absorbable puppy training pads to help soak up any little accidents that do occur.
- Like humans, during flights our pets do experience a little dehydration which reduces the possibility of such accidents occurring.
- It’s also advised not to feed your pet the morning before travel as this may increase the chance of defecation or vomiting.
Q: My pet needs to be cleared by a Veterinarian on import, does my pet have to leave the airport to have this done?
There is no need, as AIRSEA is in fact the only agent who clears customs and can do the Vet exam at the cargo terminal on arrival of your pet. When you come off the same flight and by the time you have been through immigration and collected your baggage, we can have your pet cleared and ready to hand over to you at the cargo terminal. Why not ask our team for more information.